- Top Distributor Lists
- Market Research
- Free Reports
MDM Special Report: The Distributor Marketing Imperative
This report is delivered in downloadable pdf via a link immediately after purchase.
Details: two articles, 10p
The next major frontier for distributors is to develop more significant marketing capabilities.
The companies who embrace this challenge will outperform the market and their peers, even during recessions.
The Distributor Marketing Imperative is based on a survey of and interviews with distributors across sectors. This research was conducted by MDM and Real Results Marketing in Boulder, CO. The two articles in this special report present the results of that research and explore ways distributors can refine their approach.
The first article analyzes distributors' approaches to sales channels, including outside sales, inbound sales, telesales and in-store programs.
The second article explores how distributors use different marketing vehicles, including email, the Web, catalogs and more.
Data/graphics included in this report:
- Sales channel usage: Market Leaders vs. other distributors
- Sales channel effectiveness: Market Leaders vs. other distributors
- Sales channel importance: Market Leaders vs. other distributors
- Direct response marketing vehicle use: Market Leaders vs. other distributors
- Direct response marketing vehicle importance: Market Leaders vs. other distributors
- In-store/in-person marketing vehicle usage: Market Leaders vs. other distributors
- In-store/in-person marketing vehicle importance: Market Leaders vs. other distributors
Editor's Note: In this report, survey results are frequently presented showing Market Leader response vs. other distributors. MDM's Market Leader lists are available at mdm.com/marketleaders. The MDM Market Leaders are the largest by revenue distributors in eight different distribution sectors.
These articles were originally published in MDM Premium in May 2011.