- Top Distributor Lists
- Market Research
- Free E-Newsletter
MDM Premium: April 25, 2012
Instant Download: After you purchase this pdf, you will immediately see the link to download this issue on your computer screen.
- 12 pages
- Articles written by editors of Modern Distribution Management based on interviews with industry experts and company executives
- Written to meet your information needs and time constraints: "Well-written, pertinent, no nonsense."- T.P., Atlantic Fasteners
Access this content for free with a subscription to MDM. Subscribe now or call 1-888-742-5060.
Table of Contents:
- MDM-Baird First Quarter Benchmarking Survey - Strong Growth Across Distribution Sectors- Robert W. Baird & Co., in partnership with Modern Distribution Management, conducted a survey of more than 500 distributors and manufacturers to gauge business trends and the outlook for the distribution industry in diverse sectors. Here is a summary of first-quarter results and distributor and manufacturer expectations for the second quarter and full year of 2012.
- MDM Pricing Trends Report: First Quarter 2012- This report is researched and produced by MDM editors. This report provides a snapshot of inflation trends based on the Producer Price Index from the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics. First quarter 2011 pricing levels are compared with first quarter 2012, and fourth quarter 2011 with first quarter 2012 for dozens of product groups.
- MDM Interview - Morrison Supply's Bold Growth Plan - In November 2011, private equity firm Advent International made a majority investment in Morrison Supply Company, Fort Worth, TX, a distributor of plumbing and HVAC supplies. Chip Hornsby, an Advent operating partner and former CEO of Wolseley, joined Morrison as CEO. Hornsby and Stephen Hoffmeister, a partner with Advent International, recently spoke with Associate Editor Jenel Stelton-Holtmeier about the goals for Morrison, the differences between private equity-backed companies and public companies, and the importance of focusing on people when trying to grow.
- Commentary: A Healthier Industry is Emerging
- The Impact of Rare Earth Volatility on Distributors, Manufacturers
- MDM Industrial Inflation Index: March 2012
- Wholesale Trade Data: February 2012
- News Digest