- Top Distributor Lists
- Market Research
- Free Reports
MDM Premium: May 25, 2012
Product DetailsInstant Download: After you purchase this pdf, you will immediately see the link to download this issue on your computer screen.
- 12 pages
- Articles written by editors of Modern Distribution Management based on interviews with industry experts and company executives
- Written to meet your information needs and time constraints: "Well-written, pertinent, no nonsense."- T.P., Atlantic Fasteners
Access this content for free with a subscription to MDM. Subscribe now or call 1-888-742-5060.
Table of Contents for May 25, 2012:
- The State of Call Centers and Inside Sales in Distribution - Inside sales can be a powerful source of growth,especially when integrated with field sales, ecommerce and direct response marketing. This article provides a snapshot of how distributors who responded to a recent MDM survey use inside salespeople and call centers. A notable finding: Nearly half of respondents said that their inside sales reps proactively sell less than 10 percent of the time. The authors argue that this needs to change.
- Jonathan Byrnes: Don't be Everything to Everyone - In the recent MDM Webcast, Selling for Profit: Turbocharge Your Profit Growth through Market Development and Sales Management, Jonathan Byrnes, senior lecturer at MIT and author of "Islands of Profit in a Sea of Red Ink," said companies must find a unique value proposition that provides the right
value to the right customers at the right time instead of trying to be everything to everyone. This article is a summary of the webcast.
- Commentary - Make Disruptive Technology Work for You
- Behind the Deal: Rexel and Platt Electric Supply
- ISM Semiannual Forecast
- Industrial Inflation Index
- Wholesale Trade Data
- News Digest