Grainger revenues grew 5 percent in 2013 from the prior year.
Day: January 24, 2014
Tulsa Winair is the second Win company in the Tulsa area.
Move was the "best next step" for DSPro software users.
Profit fell 44 percent to $490.3 million.
McKesson will exceed the 75% ownership threshold of Celesio through agreements to purchase shares and bonds from two entities.
Industrial sales fell nearly 23 percent for the year.
Research conducted by MDM on the adoption and use of analytics by wholesale distribution companies revealed several key trends:
- The wholesale distribution industry is transitioning to a more data-driven mindset, but there are widely different views on what that means.
- Many distributors say they don’t have the right analytic tools, technologies and talent needed to stay competitive in quickly shifting markets.
- Survey respondents are generally satisfied with analytics centered on operational efficiencies and financial reporting, but less satisfied with deployment of more strategic tools focused on profitability, sales, marketing and service development.
This article includes:
- The evolution of Analytics
- Results from the MDM survey on use of analytics in distribution businesses
- Opportunity for competitive advantage using analytics
Subscribers should log-in below to read this article.
Not a subscriber? Subscribe below or learn more. Subscribers also have access to the following related articles:
- Beyond Amazon: E-Commerce's Impact on Wholesale Distribution Markets
- The Rise of 'Little Data' in Distribution
- MDM Interview: Breaking Down the Barriers for CRM