When MSC Industrial Supply announced in early June it had acquired Engman-Taylor — a highly-regarded metalworking tools and supplies distributor based near Milwaukee, Wisconsin — it marked just the third time since 2018 that MSC had dipped its toe into the M&A realm.
The announcement came one year after MSC added Wm. F. Hurst Co., and in 2018 the company added Franksville, Wisconsin-based distributor All Integrated Solutions.
The Engman-Taylor deal will likely have a neutral impact on 2022 but will be slightly accretive to MSC’s fiscal 2023 earnings. (MSC on June 29 reported fiscal 2022 third-quarter net sales of $958.6 million for the three-month period ended May 28, a year-over-year increase of 10.7%.)
In all, MDM reported more than two-dozen distributor and manufacturer M&A deals in June. Here’s a rundown of all the deals we covered this past month:
Here are the M&A announcements — primarily involving distributors but also manufacturers that sell through the channel — MDM covered during June (click the headline for more details):
- AD to Merge with Torbsa — Independent distributor organization AD reached an agreement to merge with Torbsa Limited, a leading building supplies buying group in Canada.
- Alaska Rubber Group Acquires Industrial Supply Inc. — Alaska Rubber Group, an employee-owned independent industrial distribution company in Anchorage, acquired Industrial Supply Inc. of Bellingham, Washington.
- Allied Motion Acquires Airex — Amherst, New York-based Allied Motion Technologies, Inc., a manufacturer of precision and specialty controlled motion products, announced its acquisition of Airex, LLC.
- Auxo Investment Partners Acquires Breyden Products — Grand Rapids, Michigan-based private investment firm Auxo Investment Partners announced its acquisition of Breyden Products Inc.
- Bailey International Acquires Hydrolico — Bailey International, LLC has acquired hydraulic and pneumatic manufacturing company Hydrolico International Inc.
- Berlin Packaging Acquires Andler Packaging Group — Chicago-based hybrid packaging supplier Berlin Packaging announced the acquisition of Andler Packaging Group.
- BradyIFS Acquires Camden Bag and Paper — Foodservice and JanSan distributor BradyIFS acquired Camden Bag and Paper Company, a distributor serving New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Delaware, Maryland and Virginia.
- Clarion Safety Systems Acquires Machine Safety Specialists — Milford, Pennsylvania-based Clarion Safety Systems, a manufacturer of safety labels, signs and tags, acquired Machine Safety Specialists, a machine safety and compliance consulting practice.
- CNG Acquires Lewis Paper International — Purchase, New York-based paper and wood products global distributor Central National Gottesman Inc. announced its acquisition of Lewis Paper International.
- Descartes Systems Acquires XPS Technologies — Descartes Systems Group announced that it acquired Utah-based XPS Technologies, a provider of eCommerce multi-carrier parcel shipping solutions.
- Endries Acquires Store Room Fasteners — Brillon, Wisconsin-based fasteners distributor Endries International Inc. announced its acquisition of original equipment manufacturer (OEM) Store Room Fasteners.
- Kodiak Building Partners Acquires Miller Lumber — Highlands Ranch, Colorado-based Kodiak Building Partners has acquired Oregon-based Miller Lumber Company, according to trade publication reports.
- MCE Acquires Lone Star Machine Works — Industrial distributor Motion & Control Enterprises — a Zelienople, Pennsylvania-based portfolio company of the private equity firm Frontenac Co. — acquired Mabank, Texas-based Lone Star Machine Works.
- MSC Industrial Grows in Midwest, Acquires Engman-Taylor — The metalworking and MRO supplies distributor acquired Engman-Taylor, a highly-regarded metalworking tools and supplies distributor based in the Milwaukee, Wisconsin-area suburb of Menomonee Falls.
- NEFCO Acquires Jiffy Fastening Systems — East Coast-based construction supplier NEFCO announced the acquisition of Lexington, Kentucky-based Jiffy Fastening Systems Inc.
- NSI Industries Acquires Remke — On Huntersville, North Carolina-based electrical product solutions provider NSI Industries acquired Remke Industries, a Vernon Hills, Illinois-based manufacturer and supplier of electrical connectors.
- NSI Industries Acquires Lynn Electronics — NSI Industries, LLC announced the acquisition of Lynn Electronics, a manufacturer and supplier of custom fiber optic and copper assemblies for the data center and broadband markets.
- Plumbing Distributors, Inc. Acquires W.A. Bragg — Plumbing Distributors, Inc. announced it has acquired kitchen, bath, lighting and irrigation retailer W.A. Bragg & Co.
- Protective Industrial Products Acquires Industrial Starter — PPE manufacturer Protective Industrial Products, Inc. announced its acquisition of Vicenza, Italy-based Industrial Starter, S.p.A and all of its affiliates throughout Europe.
- Sandvik Acquires PCD Manufacturer Frezite — Stockholm, Sweden-based manufacturing and machinery solutions provider Sandvik signed an agreement to acquire 100% of the equity interests of the Portugal-based company Frezigest, SGPS.
- Solve Industrial Motion Group Acquires MasterDrive — Fasteners and components maker Solve Industrial Motion Group acquired MasterDrive, Inc., a manufacturer of sheaves, belts, timing pulleys and couplings.
- Stanley Black & Decker Selling Oil & Gas Unit —Stanley Black & Decker signed a definitive agreement for the sale of its Stanley Oil & Gas business to Pipeline Technique Limited.
- TricorBraun Expands in Australia with PB Packaging Acquisition — St. Louis-based global packaging provider TricorBraun announced its acquisition of PB Packaging, an Australian provider of plastic and glass packaging.
- US LBM Acquires Truss Fab — Buffalo Grove, Illinois- based US LBM acquired Truss Fab Companies, a manufacturer of structural roof and floor trusses, wall panels and supplier of lumber to customers in Arizona, California, Nevada and New Mexico.
- White Cap Acquires CSI Geoturf — Construction and industrial supplies distributor White Cap Supply Holdings, LLC of Atlanta acquired CSI Geoturf, a Michigan-based wholesale distributor of civil site construction geosynthetic and landscape supplies.
- Worthington Industries Acquires Level5 Tools — Industrial metals manufacturer Worthington Industries announced its acquisition of drywall tools supplier Level5 Tools, LLC.
Did we miss anything? Please send M&A announcements to firstname.lastname@example.org. We also welcome suggestions for “Behind the Deal,” our occasional series that takes a deep dive into market-shifting moves in wholesale distribution.