Momentum in the industrial M&A realm kept steady during the month of October, as MDM reported on nearly 30 deals involving distributors and manufacturers. Several of those acquisitions came with price tags in the hundreds of millions, with one clearing the billions-of-dollars hurdle.
On Oct. 27, Regal Rexnord Corporation said it acquired Altra Industrial Motion Corp., a manufacturer of automation equipment and power transmission components, for approximately $5 billion. Welding equipment and supplies manufacturer Lincoln Electric acquired Fori Automation, a designer and maker of automated welding systems, for $427 million. Meanwhile, Ingersoll Rand reached a deal to acquire SPX’s Air Treatment business for approximately $525 million. For its part, JanSan, foodservice and packaging supplies distributor Envoy Solutions acquired seven Michigan companies, although financial details were not disclosed.
Here are the M&A announcements — primarily involving distributors, but also manufacturers that sell through the channel — MDM covered during October (click the headline for more details):
- Applied Adhesives Acquires Rochester Industrial Supply — Minnetonka, Minnesota-based Applied Adhesives completed its acquisition of New York-based Rochester Industrial Supply Company’s adhesive division, according to a news release.
- Bishop Lifting Products Acquires Westech Rigging Supply — Bishop Lifting Products, a portfolio company of Altamont Capital Partners that was sold by SBP Holdings in February, announced the completed acquisition of Westech Rigging Supply, which has locations in Eugene and Salem, Oregon.
- BlueLinx Acquires Vandermeer Forest Products for $67M — Building products distributor BlueLinx Holdings Inc. acquired privately-held Vandermeer Forest Products, a similar wholesale distributor, for $67 million.
- Core & Main Completes Trumbull Waterworks Acquisition, Opens Ft. Collins Facility — Wastewater, storm drainage and fire protection distributor Core & Main announced the closing of its previously announced acquisition of the municipal waterworks division of Trumbull Industries and an affiliated entity.
- Dayco Transferring Hose and Coupling to Kurt Hydraulics — Dayco North America is expected to leave the hydraulics category after Kurt Hydraulics and Dayco reached an agreement for all Dayco-branded hydraulic hose and coupling inventory to be transferred to Kurt, according to a company news release.
- Envoy Solutions Acquires 7 Michigan-Based Companies — JanSan, foodservice and packaging supplies distributor Envoy Solutions reached an agreement to acquire seven Michigan-based companies from the Enterprises Group: KSS.
- Ewing Irrigation Acquires SiteLight — Phoenix-based Ewing Irrigation & Landscape Supply acquired SiteLight LD, Inc., a Virginia distributor specializing in landscape lighting and design.
- Fleet Pride Acquires Best Deal Spring & Truck Parts — Irving, Texas-based FleetPride Inc., a distributor of truck and trailer parts and service in the independent heavy-duty aftermarket, acquired the assets of Best Deal Spring & Truck Parts.
- Holcim Completes Polymers Sealants NA Acquisition — Sustainable building solutions provider Holcim completed its acquisition of the Polymers Sealants North America division of Illinois Tool Works.
- Hultafors Group Acquires Martinez Tool Company — Global firm Hultafors Group AB acquired California-based Martinez Tool Co., which manufactures “Made in the USA” premium tools, according to a news release.
- Imperial Dade Acquires Distributors in Alabama & Quebec — Imperial Dade announced acquisitions in the form of Mobile, Alabama-based Dees Paper Company and Gatineau, Quebec-based Boudreault Packaging Ltd.
- Ingersoll Rand Buying SPX Flow’s Air Treatment Unit for $525M — Global pumps and compressors maker Ingersoll Rand reached a deal to acquire SPX’s Air Treatment business for approximately $525 million.
- Lincoln Electric to Buy Fori Automation for $427M — Welding equipment and supplies manufacturer Lincoln Electric reached an agreement to acquire Fori Automation — a designer and maker of automated welding systems — for a cash purchase price of $427 million in a move that will bolster Lincoln’s capabilities in the automotive and aerospace OEM market.
- Linde Gas & Equipment to Acquire nexAir — Linde Gas & Equipment has agreed to acquire Memphis, Tennessee-based nexAir, according to a report from Memphis-based news outlet The Daily Memphian.
- Martin Supply to Acquire Quality Mill Supply in Indiana — MROP products distributor and services provider Martin Inc. announced that its Martin Supply subsidiary will acquire Indiana-based Quality Mill Supply.
- Pye-Barker Fire & Safety Nets Northeast Acquisitions — Georgia-based Pye-Barker Fire & Safety acquired Northeast-based Survivor Fire & Safety Equipment and Total Fire & Safety Equipment, collectively Survivor Fire.
- Pye-Barker Fire & Safety Acquires NJ Company — Pye-Barker Fire & Safety acquired Metro Fire & Safety Equipment in New Jersey.
- Regal Rexnord to Buy Altra Industrial Motion for $5B — Electric motors manufacturer Regal Rexnord Corporation reached an agreement to acquire Altra Industrial Motion Corp., a Massachusetts-based manufacturer of automation equipment and power transmission components.
- Shorehill Forms Rigging Products Distributor Ascent Lifting — Chicago-based Shorehill Capital LLC formed Ascent Lifting Inc., which simultaneously completed the acquisitions of a majority interest in Advantage Sales & Supply Co. LLC and Susquehanna Wire & Rope Rigging LLC.
- Sonepar’s NorthEast Electrical to Acquire New England’s Rockingham Electrical — Paris-based electrical products distribution giant Sonepar announced that one of its U.S. subsidiaries, NorthEast Electrical, has reached a deal to acquire Rockingham Electrical Supply Company, based in Newington, New Hampshire.
- SRS Distribution Expands in Tennessee, Acquires Metro Roofing & Metal Supply — SRS Distribution said it has acquired Metro Roofing & Metal Supply Co., Inc., a distributor of commercial of commercial, residential and metal roofing products with two locations in Tennessee.
- Stellar Industrial Supply Acquires Triad Tooling — Tacoma, Washington-based MRO distributor Stellar Industrial Supply said it has acquired Longmont, Colorado-based Triad Tooling.
- Stellar Industrial Supply Acquires SoCal Supplier — Stellar Industrial Supply said Oct. 31 is has acquired Southern California-based One Way Industrial Supply, the company’s 11th acquisition in the past 15 years.
- SureWerx Acquires NEOS Overshoe Brand — Safety, tool and equipment products provider SureWerx acquired NEOS Overshoe from Rocky Brands, Inc.
- TricorBraun to Acquire German Glass Packaging Distributor — St. Louis-based packaging distributor TricorBraun signed an agreement to acquire German glass packaging distributor Gläser & Flaschen GmbH.
- Valin Corp. Acquires Jensen Instrument Co. Near Los Angeles — Valin Corporation — a distributor of technical products in the technology, energy, life sciences, natural resources and transportation markets —acquired process control and fluid handling product distributor Jensen Instrument Co., based in Azusa, California.
- White Cap Acquires Valley Supply Company — Atlanta-based building materials distributor White Cap L.P. announced its acquisition of Valley Supply Company, a supplier of construction materials near Puget Sound, Washington.
- Winsupply Acquires Hydrologic Distribution Company — Ohio-based industrial distributor Winsupply announced its acquisition of Hydrologic Distribution Company, a plumbing supplier based just outside of Tampa, Florida.
Did we miss anything? Please send M&A announcements to email@example.com. We also welcome suggestions for “Behind the Deal,” our occasional series that takes a deep dive into market-shifting moves in wholesale distribution.