More than ever, distribution firms are looking at information technology projects on an ROI basis. Here are 10 ways to keep technology focused on results.
1. Know your inventory
2. Make technology "business-centric"
3. Understand your errors
4. Do business with yourself
5. Standardize business information
6. Warehouse your data
7. Gather the sales details
8. Understand transaction costs
9. Involve I/T staff in the business
10. Stay strategic
With business systems at the core of so many processes today in distribution companies, the successful implementation of process improvements and cost control measures rely at least partially on computer systems and staff. It is not uncommon to see managers ...