- Top Distributors Lists
- Market Research
- Free Reports
Manufacturer The Timken Company (NYSE:TKR), Canton, OH, announced two price increases.
Deliver Distribution News to Your Inbox
Sign up below to receive MDM Update, your free weekly distribution news update by email.
The first is a base-price increase of up to 15 percent on hot-rolled carbon and alloy seamless mechanical tubing, depending on the size and product specifications. The increase is effective immediately on new orders and non-contract pricing.
The manufacturer also announced an increase in non-contract base prices for all special bar quality (SBQ) products depending on size and product specifications as follows:
12-inch size bars and smaller:
- For hot-rolled bars, an increase of $40 per ton.
- For single thermal treatment bars, an increase of $50 per ton.
- For quench and temper bars, an increase of $60 per ton.
Greater than 12-inch size bars:
- For hot-rolled bars, an increase of $60 per ton.
- For single thermal treatment bars, an increase of $70 per ton.
- For quench and temper bars, an increase of $80 per ton.
These price increases are effective with shipments beginning on March 1, 2011, and apply only to non-contract pricing.
Raw material surcharges from Timken remain in effect.