MDM-Podcasts-launch
Need Help? (888) 742-5060

In The News:

Watsco, Carrier to Form New Joint Venture

HVAC distributor Watsco, Inc. (NYSE: WSO, Paris: WSO) and air conditioning product manufacturer Carrier Corp., a unit of United Technologies Corp. (NYSE: UTX), have announced a joint venture agreement to distribute Carrier, Bryant and Payne brand products in the northeast U.S.

Following the transaction, Watsco will own 60 percent of the joint venture, with Carrier owning the remaining 40 percent.

Carrier's company-operated northeast distribution network had revenues of $210 million in 2010, with 230 employees in 28 locations. Watsco has also agreed to contribute its northeastern locations, with 2010 revenues of $60 million, to the joint venture.

Watsco and Carrier formed a joint venture – Carrier Enterprises LLC – in 2009 in 20 states of the U.S. Sunbelt, Puerto Rico, the Caribbean and Latin America.

"Carrier Enterprise's performance has exceeded our expectations with sales growth outpacing the industry. The new joint venture in the northeast will build on this success to further grow share and profitability," said Geraud Darnis, president of Carrier Corp.

© 2019 Gale Media, Inc.

Please do not reprint MDM's content on your website without MDM's express permission as it is copyrighted material. To gain permission, email us, or call 1-888-742-5060. For information on PDF or print reprints, visit www.mdm.com/reprints. MDM welcomes inbound links from your site. Please cite Modern Distribution Management.

2018-top-distributors-listThe 2018 Top Distributors List

This free PDF includes lists of top distribution companies across 14 sectors.

You will also receive MDM Update, our daily distribution e-newsletter & other distribution-focused content.

Download the Free PDF now >>


MDM-UpdateMDM Update: Daily Newsletter 

Sign up to read the best source for news & trends in wholesale distribution, MDM Update. Delivered daily to your inbox. 

Sign-up for MDM Update >>

Partner Center