- Top Distributors Lists
- Market Research
- Free Reports
HD Supply Inc., Atlanta, GA, No. 2 on MDM’s list of the top 40 industrial distributors, reported sales for the fiscal 2011 third quarter ended Oct. 30, 2011, were $2.1 billion, an increase of 10.7 percent from the year-ago period.
Deliver Distribution News to Your Inbox
Sign up below to receive MDM Update, your free weekly distribution news update by email.
Loss from continuing operations was $106 million. Gross profit was $580 million, or 28 percent of sales.
Sales for the first nine months were $5.9 billion, an increase of 8.7 percent from the year-ago period. Loss from continuing operations for the first nine months was $360 million.
HD Supply announced a number of investments and changes to the business.
- HD Supply Facilities Maintenance opened a new distribution center in Jacksonville, FL.
- HD Supply Utilities and N-Dimension Solutions Inc., a provider of cyber security solutions for the smart grid, recently commissioned a successful cyber security system for the City of Princeton, IL. The cyber solution is a component of HD Supply Utilities’ integrated, end-to-end smart grid solution, GridAdvanceTM.
- HD Supply Waterworks further solidified its long-standing customer relationship with the City of Plano, TX by expediting the remaining phases of a multi-year project, which will result in the delivery and installation of approximately 40,000 additional meter units beginning in 2012.
- The company continues to invest in technology, including HD Supply Facilities Maintenance’s new Pick-to-Voice order selection system, improving order accuracy.
- The company recently launched its HD Supply Locations Web application, which allows customers to quickly and easily identify HD Supply business locations within a 10- to 100-mile radius (http://www.hdsupply.com/locations/).
As of Sept. 9, 2011, the distributor sold its Plumbing/HVAC business to Hajoca Corp. Results of those operations were included in discontinued operations for the period.