6309 Monarch Park Place, Suite 203
Niwot, CO 80503, USA
Phone (303) 443-5060
Toll free (888) 742-5060
Deliver Distribution News to Your Inbox
Sign up below to receive MDM Update, your free weekly distribution news update by email.
Headquartered in Laval, Quebec, Canada, the railroad filtration business of the Camfil Farr Group had sales of $22 million in 2011. With 90 employees and operations and sales in Canada, Mexico and India and a sales presence in the U.S. and Australia, approximately 75 percent of the ongoing revenues of the business will be reported in Parker's Industrial North America reporting segment with the remaining 25 percent reported in the Industrial International segment.
The acquired business will become a part of Parker's Filtration Group.
"Parker sees significant opportunities to broaden our large engine and air filtration product lines and leverage products in other large combustion engine applications," said Peter Popoff, president - Filtration Group. "The railroad business of Camfil Farr brings expertise and services that allow Parker's Filtration Group to build a worldwide presence in specialized rail, marine and mining markets, while adding clean air technologies to strengthen our filtration solutions capabilities. Additionally, this transaction will give Parker Filtration manufacturing capacity in Canada and Mexico to better service customers in those markets."