- Top Distributors Lists
- Market Research
- Free Reports
Praxair Inc. (NYSE: PX), Danbury, CT, is notifying bulk and packaged industrial, specialty and medical gas customers in the U.S., Canada, Mexico and Puerto Rico of increases in prices, effective January 1, 2014, or as contracts permit, as follows:
- Up to 12 percent for nitrogen, oxygen and carbon dioxide
- Up to 15 percent for argon and hydrogen
- Up to 20 percent for helium
- Up to 15 percent for facility fees or monthly bulk product charges and cylinder rental rates
- Up to 5 percent on hard goods
Additionally, Praxair is notifying customers worldwide of increases in prices of electronic gases of up to 20 percent, effective January 1, 2014. Price adjustments will vary as permitted by individual supply contracts.
According to Praxair, the adjustments support continuing infrastructure investments and help offset the rising costs of production, maintenance and quality assurance systems. In addition, supply/demand imbalances reportedly persist for some products in certain regions, along with continuing feedstock, raw material and energy cost increases.