Too many companies do not consider operations to be a source for innovation, but this area is ripe for developing innovative strategies for distributors, according to Karan Girotra, co-author of The Risk-Driven Business Model and professor of technology and operations management at the international business school INSEAD. Girotra recently spoke with Associate Editor April Nowicki about how to create a culture of questioning an existing business model, improving decision-making structure and empowering everyone to innovate.
This article includes:
- How to change the decisions made in your company
- Why to change those decisions
- Innovative operations strategies for better management and return
Subscribers should log-in below to read this article.
Not a subscriber? Subscribe below or learn more. Subscribers also have access to the following related articles:
- Commentary: The Trouble with Rebates
- Who's My Coach? The Changing Role of Sales Managers
- U.S. Economy: Out of 'Surviving' and on to 'Thriving'