- Ferguson to Demerge Wolseley UK
- HD Supply Will Separate into Two Companies
- HD Supply Acquires Presto Maintenance Supply
- Avnet to Acquire Witekio
- Ohio Transmission Corporation Acquires IDG Compressor
- Ohio Transmission Corporation Acquires Pumps, Parts and Service Inc.
- Singer Equities Acquires Shipyard Supply, LLC
- Turner Supply Acquires Mitchell Tools
- Acuity Brands Acquires The Luminaires Group
- Siemens to Acquire Process Systems Enterprise
- nVent Completes Acquisition of Eldon Enclosures Business
September 2019 M&A Roundup: Two Distributors Reshuffle Their Decks
Two of the largest distributors on MDMs 2019 Top Distributors List announced they are splitting out business units in September.
Two of the largest distributors on MDM’s 2019 Top Distributors List announced they are splitting out business units in September. And several other industrial distributors announced add-on deals during the month.
Ferguson PLC (FERG.L, FERGY, WOSCF), a specialist distributor of plumbing and heating products and parent company of Ferguson Enterprises, Newport News, Virginia, the largest plumbing distributor in the U.S., has announced its intention to demerge its UK operations, Wolseley UK.
Industrial distributor HD Supply Holdings, Inc. on Sept. 24 announced it plans to separate its Facilities Maintenance and Construction & Industrial businesses into two independent publicly traded companies. The separation is expected to be completed by the middle of fiscal year 2020, according to the company. The move makes sense based on the discrete customer segments served and product portfolios. Each of the divisions reported about $3 billion in fiscal 2018 revenues.
Here are the September M&A deals covered by MDM:
As always MDM welcomes any comments below or at email@example.com.
About the Author
Leave a Reply
Sign Up for the MDM Update Newsletter
The MDM update newsletter is your best source for news and trends in the wholesale distribution industry.