Last year, MDM launched our first annual MDM Future Leaders Award program. We held the nomination period in the fall of 2019 and released the profiles of our winning distributors just as COVID-19 was hitting the U.S., in the first week of March 2020. It feels like the world has changed 100 times over since then, but one thing that remains the same is the reason we launched the awards program recognizing rising stars in distribution under the age of 40: It is the young, talented emerging leaders who are going to take distribution into the future and guide the industry in new and exciting ways.
As we noted when we launched the awards last year, the wholesale distribution industry continues to be challenged in the effort to recruit and retain the best young minds and talent into the management tracks of distribution companies. The upheaval and associated massive job losses that we’ve seen in 2020 will only make it increasingly important to ensure you have the right people going forward.
If there is any time for a fresh start and the opportunity to embrace new ideas, to view the industry from a youthful perspective, it is heading into 2021. Not just wholesale distribution, but the entire global economy is in need of a reset as the planet attempts to recover from the COVID-19 pandemic.
How to Nominate a Future Leader
To nominate yourself, an associate or colleague for recognition as a 2021 MDM Future Leader, simply fill out this online form. Candidates for the 2021 MDM Future Leaders Award must meet the following criteria:
- Be under the age of 40 at the time of nomination.
- Be actively employed on the team of a distribution company (may be global, no geographic restrictions).
- Exhibit the character and drive of a future leader in the distribution industry, which includes a diverse set of skills, interests and capabilities.
- Be willing to participate in MDM interviews and video blogs to share their stories, accomplishments and specific areas of passion for the wholesale distribution industry.
- Before or upon selection, obtain the approval of management to participate in this award program.