Deliver Distribution News to Your Inbox
Sign up below to receive MDM Update, your free weekly distribution news update by email.
Here's a quick synopsis of sales trends for the third quarter (unless otherwise noted). Third quarter is compared with third quarter 2009. Find specific news about the largest distributors and manufacturers on MDM's Company News pages: www.mdm.com/company-news. Sector-specific news can be found at www.mdm.com/sector-news.
Most of these distributors are MDM Market Leaders. Find the list of top distributors in eight sectors, including 2009 sales trends, at www.mdm.com/marketleaders.
- Fastenal: Up 23.4 %
- Grainger: Up 19% (13% increase in the U.S., excluding acquisitions)
- Bossard: Up 32.2%
- HD Supply: Down 2.8% in second quarter
- Bunzl: Up 1% (organic)
- Motion Industries: Up 29% (including acquisitions)
- Genuine Parts Company (overall, including Motion): Up 13%
- Wolseley: Down 10% at fiscal year-end
And some manufacturers:
- Parker Hannifin: Up 26.5% (fiscal 2011 first quarter)
- Acuity Brands: Down 2% in fiscal 2010
- Illinois Tool Works: Up 20%
- Zep: Up 24.4%
- Packaging Corporation of America: Up 16%