Manufacturing Revival Radio is a Dreamland Radio production with hosts Todd Schnick and Todd Youngblood. On this show, we feature the companies, the leaders, the innovators leading the charge and driving the innovation. Through the blood, sweat, and tears of working men and women from here at home, to around the world. Learn more at Manufacturing Revival Radio.
We were glad to have the opportunity to speak with Dan Meckstroth, vice president and chief economist with the Manufacturers Alliance for Productivity and Innovation (MAPI). MAPI is an 80-year-old professional service organization representing large multinational manufacturers in the United States. MAPI provides peer discussion groups and distributes a quarterly industrial outlook report. On today’s show, Dan discusses with us the most recent quarterly report (Q4 2012) which was released this past December.
SHOW NOTES AND HIGHLIGHTS:
- Dan provides the top line highlights of the Q4 2012 report
- What sectors are expecting growth for 2013 and 2014
- How did the financial cliff affect consumer spending
- What effect will sequestration and the debt ceiling debate have on the economy
- Why are so many organizations sitting on their excess capital
- Dan explains consumer demand and the factors that drive it
- How future policy moves in Washington could have an impact on economic outlook
- We discuss the outlook for a variety of industries
- Listen to hear Dan’s advice to manufacturers for preparing for what is expected in the future.
- Learn more about MAPI by clicking here
Click on the play button above to listen to the interview, or download the audio file at Manufacturing Revival Radio.