Manufacturing Revival Radio is a Dreamland Radio production with hosts Todd Schnick and Todd Youngblood. On this show, we feature the companies, the leaders, the innovators leading the charge and driving the innovation. Through the blood, sweat, and tears of working men and women from here at home, to around the world. Learn more at Manufacturing Revival Radio.
It is no surprise that here on Manufacturing Revival Radio we believe manufacturing is a critical element to the American Economy. Today we welcomed to the program Wisconsin’s Lt. Governor Rebecca Kleefisch who was able to explain just how important a strong manufacturing base is for a state economy. Lt. Governor Kleefisch was kind enough to share both her time and knowledge with us, so that we could learn about many of the great programs and incentives that Wisconsin has for manufacturers.
Show Notes and Highlights:
· How the Lt. Governor began her career and how she was elected to her current position
· Why Wisconsin a great place for manufacturers
· What types of incentives are in place to encourage manufacturers to relocate to Wisconsin
· Wisconsin’s small business regulatory review board and how they help educate and promote small businesses
· The labor force skill gap and what manufacturers can do to help improve this problem
· Who needs to take responsibility towards improving the available workforce
· What manufacturers can do to work better with the education system
· A unique program for students and manufacturers in Wisconsin
We really unearthed a lot of great information today that isn’t mentioned in the above. Lt. Governor Kleefisch provided examples of how Wisconsin is truly dedicated to making sure they are a number one destination for manufacturers. Please take a moment to listen to this entire interview. Who knows? You may even hear of something that you could suggest to your own state’s Lt. Governor.
Click on the play button above to listen to the interview, or download the audio file at Manufacturing Revival Radio.