We recently wrapped up our article series on the shifting competitive landscape in wholesale distribution and what it means for independent distributors.
We looked at how competing and non-competing distributors are collaborating to strengthen their positions in their local markets; the impact of the Internet; how European distributors have targeted the U.S. for growth even as their markets shrink; and why entrepreneurs are optimistic about growth in an increasingly consolidated market.
We also examined how big-box retailers are changing customer expectations and growing their focus on B-to-B markets.
But while independent traditional distributors really do need to think outside of the box when it comes to defining their competition, the emergence or strengthening of these players will only make distributors who have a well-defined value proposition and who communicate that value that much stronger.
- Distributor Collaborations Build Value, Local Influence
- Collaboration Case Study: Sharing Branches & Best Practices
- Collaboration Case Study: Expanding Product Mix
- Collaboration Case Studies: PM Industrial Supply & EDGE Investment Partners
- Beyond Amazon: E-Commerce’s Impact on Wholesale Distribution Markets
- Global Competition on Local Level
- Distributors Respond to the Big-Box Challenge
- The ‘New’ Distribution Company: Market Entrants Challenge Traditional Models