Today we had the pleasure of speaking with two individuals that are helping keep America’s work force comfortable. We welcomed to the show James DeSmet and Christian Taber, director of engineering and operations senior applications engineer (respectively) of Big Ass Fans.
Big Ass Fans manufactures large fans for both commercial and residential situations providing the latest offerings in thermal comfort. As we learned during today’s conversation, these are not your standard fans and the technology and research that goes into developing these products is simply fascinating.
Show Notes and Highlights
• James’ and Christian’s backgrounds and what led them to Big Ass Fans
• The ideal commercial applications of using fans versus air conditioning
• The question of whether fans can also help with heating
• How fans can be used in conjunction with a forced air system to provide cost savings
• The research and technology that goes into designing the fans
• The question of whether a fan can be both highly efficient and aesthetically pleasing
• Lighting and additional fan options
• Big Ass Fans’ upcoming organizational milestone. Listen to find out about it!
• Fans with misting systems, and when and why these are useful
• Company culture and why Big Ass Fans has got it figured out
This was a fun and informative interview with a unique manufacturer. Listen to hear about their reusable pallets and the fun story about how they are being used. This is a great company that shared some really interesting knowledge with us.
Manufacturing Revival Radio is a Dreamland Radio production with hosts Todd Schnick and Todd Youngblood. On this show, we feature the companies, the leaders, the innovators leading the charge and driving the innovation. Through the blood, sweat, and tears of working men and women from here at home, to around the world. Learn more at Manufacturing Revival Radio.
Click on the play button above to listen to the interview, or download the audio file at Manufacturing Revival Radio.