Manufacturing Revival Radio is a Dreamland Radio production with hosts Todd Schnick and Todd Youngblood. On this show, we feature the companies, the leaders, the innovators leading the charge and driving the innovation. Through the blood, sweat, and tears of working men and women from here at home, to around the world. Learn more at Manufacturing Revival Radio.
It was a pleasure to welcome Werner Bieri to the show. Bieri is president and CEO of Buhler Quality Yarns.
Discussion topics for the show:
1. The markets Buhler serves.
2. Buhler is half export and half domestic in terms of the markets it serves.
3. Werner talks about the manufacturing shift from home furnishings to high fashion, and how their organization had to shift process and culture to adapt to new markets.
4. We also discussed how that transition impacted the sales and marketing process.
5. In the production of yarn, you wouldn’t think you could be innovative. And you would be wrong.
6. Buhler has one supplier, and we discuss how to mitigate the risk from having just one source of critical raw material.
7. Finally, we discuss why Buhler belongs to the Georgia Association of Manufacturers.
Click on the play button above to listen to the interview, or download the audio file at Manufacturing Revival Radio.