Summer doldrums might not exactly be the right term, but the pace of mergers and acquisitions in wholesale distribution slowed significantly from a blistering June, when late in the month Kaman Corporation announced that it would sell its industrial distribution segment, Kaman Industrial Technologies, to private equity firm Littlejohn for $700 million. In addition, there were more than a dozen significant deals that month.
For July, the largest publicly-disclosed distributor deal was Watsco’s intention to acquire the HVAC business of Peirce-Phelps, Philadelphia, with $206 million in annual sales. On the manufacturer side, Actuant Corp., Milwaukee, plans to sell its Engineered Components & Systems segment to private equity firm One Rock Capital Partners for $214.5 million.
On the service provider side, an interesting acquisition announcement was Eden Capital’s acquisition of MITS, an analytics platform for distributors and manufacturers. Eden is expanding a BI/CRM platform with a distribution focus with its former acquisition of distribution CRM and sales force automation provider Tour de Force in October, 2018.
- Watsco Agrees to Acquire Peirce-Phelps
- Ferguson Acquires Action Plumbing Supply and Innovative Soil Solutions
- GPC Acquires PartsPoint Group
- SRS Distribution Acquires Slover Roofing Supply
- Core & Main Completes Acquisition of Long Island Pipe
- Distribution Analytics Platform MITS Acquired by Eden Capital
- Actuant to Divest Engineered Components Segment
- Ideal Tridon Completes Acquisition of ZSi Foster
- ITT Acquires Matrix Composites
- Private Equity Firm CORE Industrial Partners Acquires Cal-X
- Hillenbrand to Acquire Coperion Capital GmbH
- Sandvik Acquires 30% Stake in Beam IT
- Conner Industries Acquires RoseMill Packaging Resources
- Dot Holdings Acquires OmniCable
- Ingram Micro Completes Acquisition of Cyber Security VAD Abbakan
As always MDM welcomes any comments below or at email@example.com.