Third quarter earnings reports started trickling in earlier this month and some of distribution’s biggest names are making headlines. Many distributors reported average mid-single digit increases, while manufacturers are reporting a more challenging quarter with flat to slightly lower Q3 earnings.
Fastenal’s sales rose 7.8% during the quarter while Lawson Products came in with another strong report.
Lawson revenues grew 7.1% to drive a 59% improvement in adjusted operating income year-over-year and an 11% increase sequentially over the second quarter, with adjusted EBITDA margin increasing to 10.9% of sales, according to Michael DeCata, president and CEO.
Amazon took a hit as third-quarter earnings fell short of Wall Street expectations even with a sales bump of 24%. The company continues to spend heavily to expand its free one-day delivery program.
Follow the links below to see the latest earnings reports.
- Fastenal’s Sales Up 7.8% in Fiscal 3Q
- Lawson Products’ Sales Up 7.1% in 3Q
- Genuine Parts Third Quarter Sales Up 6.2%
- Watsco Sales Up 8% in 3Q
- Rexel Sales Up 3.3% in Third Quarter
- Grainger’s Q3 Sales Rise 4%
- MSC’s Sales Up 5% in Fiscal 2019
- Barnes Group’s Sales Rose 1% in 3Q
- Amazon Third Quarter Sales Up 24%
- Snap-on Sales Down Slightly in 3Q
- Eaton Sales Down 1.8% in 3Q
- 3M’s Sales Down 2% in Third Quarter
- SKF Sales Down 1.2% in 3Q
- Fortive Sales Up 16.2% in 3Q
- Pentair Reports 3Q Sales Up Slightly Over 2018
- Avery Dennison Sales Up Slightly in 3Q
- ABB Sales Down 3% in 3Q
- PPG Sales Up Slightly in 3Q
- Textron’s Sales Up 1.6% in Third Quarter
- Kimberly-Clark’s Sales Up 1% in Third Quarter
- Ingersoll-Rand Third Quarter Sales Up 3%
- Gardner Denver’s Q3 Sales Down 11%
- Packaging Corp. of America's 3Q Sales Up 2.8%
- Hexcel’s Q3 Sales Up 5.9%