- Top Distributors Lists
- Market Research
- Free Reports
Headquarters: Des Plaines, IL
2013 Revenues: $269.5 million
Change in Sales from 2012: -1.5%
Employees: 1040 (sales); 1540 (total)
Locations: 5 distribution centers
Key Executives: Michael DeCata, president and CEO; Ronald Knutson, CFO; Allen Jacobson, SVP, sales; Shane McCarthy, SVP, operations; Michael Tuvell, SVP, finance; Christian Wiltrout, SVP marketing, product management and strategic planning
Over the past few years, Lawson Products has undertaken a number of strategic initiatives that have transformed the foundation of the business, including:
• Transforming the U.S.-based sales team from an independent agent model to a company employee based model;
• Introducing new sales tools including a redesigned website and mobile web applications;
• Consolidating the distribution network and opening a custom-designed, state-of-the-art McCook Facility;
• Replacing legacy information systems with a comprehensive enterprise resource planning ("ERP") system; and
• Focusing attention exclusively on MRO operations by disposing of non-core, lower margin businesses.
Get the Top 40 Industrial Distributors list in PDF, and you will be signed up below to receive MDM Update, your free daily distribution news update by email.