The Power Transmission Distributors Association Foundation, through its PT WORK Force initiative, says it is expanding resources to employers in the power transmission/motion control (PT/MC) industry.
In a news release, the foundation said its resources will help these companies “maximize their workforce — whether in the plant, the warehouse or in a work-from-home environment — by providing programs and services to assist with recruitment and retention efforts.”
In the past nine months, the association said PT WORK Force has helped employers in multiple ways:
- Remain competitive when it comes to vying for top talent thanks to data and benchmarks provided in The Cross-Industry Compensation & Benefits Survey.
- Discover tips, trends and techniques on recruitment and retention through What’s Trending in Recruitment and Retention monthly e-newsletter.
- Stay abreast of timely information on events, resources and engaging news relating to hiring and retention via the PTDA Foundation LinkedIn page.
- Consider what’s needed to attract the next generation of employees who bring different interests and expectations to the workplace during the “Branding, Social Recruiting & Candidate Experience: What it Takes to Attract Next Generation Talent” webinar.
- Establish an efficient hiring and selection process, avoid costly hiring mistakes and improve employee satisfaction, performance and retention with the PXT Select™ assessment tool.
- Identify the right search partner to help find new talent using guidelines and questions in the Recruitment Agency Checklist.
- Solve a few of the HR challenges with advice from industry peers on the PT WORK Force blog, dedicated to delivering actionable ideas.
- Hone in on imperatives for hiring diverse talent during the webinar, “Inclusion in Action: Recruiting and Onboarding Diverse Talent,” so managers and teams understand how best to elevate everyone’s voices.
- Celebrate trailblazing women in our industry like Shawn Marken of BDI, recipient of the 2022 Wendy B. McDonald Woman of the Year Award.
- Recognize the tenacity and spirit of industry up-and-comer Hafeez Hameer of Garlock Sealing Technologies with the second annual Robert K. Callahan Future Leaders Award.
- Learn why forming relationships and alliances is critical to assist employers in combatting the challenges of today’s tight labor market during part four of the “Winning the War For Talent” six-part webinar series.
PTDA said a list of sources can be found at PTWORKForce.org.