Fersa Bearings Acquires 100% of NKE Austria - Modern Distribution Management

Log In

Fersa Bearings Acquires 100% of NKE Austria

Fersa Bearings purchased 49 percent of the NKE shares in 2016.

Fersa Bearings S.A., Zaragosa, Spain, has completed the purchase of 100 percent of the Austrian-based bearings manufacturer NKE Austria GmbH. Fersa Bearings purchased 49 percent of the NKE shares in 2016. With the acquisition of the remaining 51 percent, the Austrian company is now wholly owned by Fersa and the business group is consolidated with two commercial bearing brands – Fersa for the automotive sector and NKE for the industrial sector.

The merger strengthens the group’s presence in central Europe – part of the company’s commitment to the internationalization that Fersa Bearings began in 2002 with the acquisition of shares by investment capital firm Going Investment. Since then, the company has evolved into a group with four production centers, six distribution centers and four R&D centers – two in Europe and two in Asia – supporting Fersa’s global presence in more than 95 countries. The union of the two brands strengthens the group financially, with an expected turnover in 2018 of more than €80 million (US$ 90.4 million) and earnings before interest, tax, depreciation and amortization (EBITDA) of more than €9 million (US$10.2 million). The company’s growth plans include reaching a turnover of €110 million (US$124.3 million) and an EBITDA of 15 percent on sales.

With Fersa’s entry into the NKE business, NKE has gone from billing €17 million (US$19.2 million) in 2015, with a negative EBITDA, to an expected closing forecast of €25 million euros (US$28.2 million) in 2018 and an EBITDA of almost €2 million (US$2.3 million).


Share this article

About the Author
Recommended Reading
Leave a Reply

Leave a Comment

Sign Up for the MDM Update Newsletter

The MDM update newsletter is your best source for news and trends in the wholesale distribution industry.

Get the MDM Update Newsletter

Wholesale distribution news and trends delivered right to your inbox.

Sign-up for our free newsletter and get:

  • Up-to-date news in a quick-to-read format
  • Free access to webcasts, podcasts and live events
  • Exclusive whitepapers, research and reports
  • And more!


articles left

Want more Premium content from MDM?

Subscribe today and get:

  • New issues twice each month
  • Unlimited access to mdm.com, including 10+ years of archived data
  • Current trends analysis, market data and economic updates
  • Discounts on select store products and events

Subscribe to continue reading

MDM Premium Subscribers get:

  • Unlimited access to MDM.com
  • 1 year digital subscription, with new issues twice a month
  • Trends analysis, market data and quarterly economic updates
  • Deals on select store products and events



You have one free article remaining

Subscribe to MDM Premium to get unlimited access. Your subscription includes:

  • Two new issues a month
  • Access to 10+ years of archived data on mdm.com
  • Quarterly economic updates, trends analysis and market data
  • Store and event discounts

To continue reading, you must be an MDM Premium subscriber.

Join other distribution executives who use MDM Premium to optimize their business. Our insights and analysis help you enter the right new markets, turbocharge your sales and marketing efforts, identify business partners that help you scale, and stay ahead of your competitors.

Register for full access

By providing your email, you agree to receive announcements from us and our partners for our newsletter, events, surveys, and partner resources per MDM Terms & Conditions. You can withdraw consent at any time.

Learn More about Custom Reports

Request a Market Prospector Demo

  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.