The 2020 Mid-Year Economic Update_long

European Industrial Producer Prices Down 0.2% in November

Prices decreased by 0.3 percent in the EU28.

Compared with October, European industrial producer prices in November fell by 0.2 percent in the euro area (EA19) and by 0.3 percent in the EU28, according to estimates from Eurostat, the statistical office of the European Union. Compared with November 2014, industrial producer prices fell by 3.2 percent in the euro area and by 3.5 percent in the EU28

The 0.2 percent decrease in industrial producer prices in total industry in the euro area in November 2015, compared with October 2015, is due to price falls of 0.3 percent for both intermediate goods and the energy sector and of 0.2 percent for nondurable consumer goods, while prices remained stable for both capital goods and durable consumer goods. Prices in total industry excluding energy also fell by 0.2 percent.

In the EU28, the 0.3 percent decrease is due to price falls of 0.6 percent in the energy sector, of 0.3 percent for intermediate goods and of 0.1 percent for non-durable consumer goods, while prices remained stable for capital goods and increased by 0.1 percent for durable consumer goods. Prices in total industry excluding energy fell by 0.2 percent.

The largest decreases in industrial producer prices were observed in Cyprus (-1.6 percent), Estonia (-1.1 percent) and Denmark (-0.9 percent), and the highest increases in Malta (+0.3 percent), Ireland, France, Latvia and Slovakia (all +0.2 percent).

In a year-over-year comparison, the 3.2 percent decrease in industrial producer prices in total industry in the euro area in November 2015 is due to price falls of 9.4 percent in the energy sector, of 2 percent for intermediate goods and of 0.3 percent for non-durable consumer goods, while prices rose by 0.6 percent for capital goods and by 0.8 percent for durable consumer goods. Prices in total industry excluding energy fell by 0.7 percent.

In the EU28, the 3.5 percent price decrease is due to falls of 12 percent in the energy sector, of 1.9 percent for intermediate goods and of 0.2 percent for non-durable consumer goods, while prices rose by 0.7 percent for capital goods and by 0.9 percent for durable consumer goods. Prices in total industry excluding energy fell by 0.6 percent.

Industrial producer prices fell in all Member States, with the largest decreases observed in Lithuania (-9 percent), the Netherlands (-8.1 percent), the United Kingdom (-7 percent), Greece (-6.6 percent) and Cyprus (-6.4 percent).

Download the PDF below for more detail.

Click Here

About the Author
Leave a Reply

Leave a Comment

Sign Up for the MDM Update Newsletter

The MDM update newsletter is your best source for news and trends in the wholesale distribution industry.

By subscribing, you are agreeing to MDM’s Privacy Policy.

2

articles left

Want more Premium content from MDM?

Subscribe today and get:

  • New issues twice each month
  • Unlimited access to mdm.com, including 10+ years of archived data
  • Current trends analysis, market data and economic updates
  • Discounts on select store products and events

0

articles left

This is your last free article

Subscribe to MDM Premium today and get:

  • Unlimited access to MDM.com
  • 1 year digital subscription, with new issues twice a month
  • Trends analysis, market data and quarterly economic updates
  • Deals on select store products and events

1

article
left

You have one free article remaining

Subscribe to MDM Premium to get unlimited access. Your subscription includes:

  • Two new issues a month
  • Access to 10+ years of archived data on mdm.com
  • Quarterly economic updates, trends analysis and market data
  • Store and event discounts

To continue reading, you must be an MDM Premium subscriber.