The Associated Builders and Contractors Board of Directors selected its 2022 national chair and executive committee.
During a recent meeting in Aventura, Florida, board members elected Stephanie Schmidt, president of Poole Anderson Construction in State College, Pennsylvania, as 2022 national chair of the board of directors.
“As the fourth woman to serve the association in this role, I am honored to lead ABC to deliver value to our members, prioritize safety and total human health and elevate inclusion, diversity and equity, all to prioritize fair and open competition and to invest in and develop our most valuable asset—our people,” Schmidt said. “ABC’s team mentality is a distinguishing aspect of this association: We can be the fiercest of competitors in the field, but we unite as one for ABC, the merit shop and the betterment of our entire industry and the 7.4 million individuals it employs. I look forward to leading our team and our industry toward a brighter future.”
ABC also announced members of its 2022 Executive Committee, effective Jan. 1:
- Milton Graugnard, executive vice president, Cajun Industries LLC, Baton Rouge, Louisiana, chair-elect
- Buddy Henley, president, Henley Construction Co. Inc., Gaithersburg, Maryland, secretary and Mid-Atlantic region vice chair
- Larry May, CPA, CVA, partner, Carr, Riggs & Ingram, Jackson, Mississippi, treasurer
- Steve Klessig, vice president of architecture and engineering, Keller Inc., Kaukauna, Wisconsin, immediate past chair
- Brendan McAndrews, chief operations officer and co-owner, Rivercity Glass dba McAndrews Glass, Cincinnati, Mid-America region vice chair
- Thomas “Murph” Murphy, vice president of Aggregates Division, Power & Construction Group, Scottsville, New York, Northeast region vice chair
- J. David Pugh, partner, Bradley, Birmingham, Alabama, Southeast region vice chair
- Sandra Roche, vice president and general counsel, Roche Constructors Inc., Las Vegas, Mountain West region vice chair
- Greg Schniegenberg, vice president of operations, Helix Electric Inc., Oakland, California, Pacific region vice chair
- Calvin Williams, president and chief executive officer, Construction Contracting Services Inc., Lansing, Illinois, Midwest region vice chair
- Wendy Novak, ABC of Western Washington president and CEO, chapter presidents’ liaison
- Michael Bellaman, president and chief executive officer, ABC National