Millennials in Distribution: Culture Trumps Everything
Being intentional about culture can help with recruiting and retaining millennials, who today compose nearly half the company. This article examines the decision by Durham, NC-based ACR Supply, where nearly half the company is comprised of millennials, 20 years ago to focus on culture and how it evolved into a place where the next generation wanted to work.
This article includes:
- Building culture in leadership’s image
- Seeking ‘hungry, humble, smart’ employees
- Making your workplace millennial-friendly
Subscribers should log-in below to read this article.
Not a subscriber? Subscribe below or learn more. Subscribers also have access to the following related articles:
- Distribution M&A Playbook, pt. 3: Integration Best Practices
- Grainger’s Pricing Initiative, pt 2: The Quest for Optimization
- Commentary: Harvey’s Stark Reminder on Disaster Planning
Share this article
Sign Up for the MDM Update Newsletter
The MDM update newsletter is your best source for news and trends in the wholesale distribution industry.