2013 Trends Snapshot: Industrial PVF Distribution
The annual report was researched and written by MDM editors based on interviews with dozens of wholesaler-distributors, as well as industry experts and manufacturers. MDM also conducted a survey of its readers to uncover the trends outlined in this report.
The full report is available to download in PDF format to MDM Premium subscribers. Subscribe below for full access. Or log-in if you are already a subscriber.
Trends outlined in the 2013 report include:
- Generational Shift Drives Changes in Technology, Customer Expectations
- Hiring in Distribution Complicated by Lack of Visibility, Shifting Needs
- The Rise of Little Data in Distribution
- Distributors Get Smarter About Vending
- Distributors Get Aggressive with Inventory Management
- Vendor, Distributor Consolidation Continues
- Wallet Share, Customer Demands Drive Channel Convergence
- Other Trends
- Trend Snapshots for 14 Sectors
The report also includes the following case studies and interviews:
- 2013 MDM Market Movers
- Replenex Builds Culture of Cost Savings
- A&M Industrial Finds Niche in Essential Services
- Strategic Planning Pays Off for Machinery Tooling & Supply
- MDM Market Leader Profiles
- Interline Brands' Focus on Jan-San
- Arrow Electronics Plots a Global Course
Share this article
Sign Up for the MDM Update Newsletter
The MDM update newsletter is your best source for news and trends in the wholesale distribution industry.