Managing Pricing Algorithms
With advances in tools and technologies to help mine larger and larger available datasets, algorithms are increasingly used across many business functions. However, if not managed appropriately, too much of a good thing can backfire. This was the message of a recent Wall Street Journal report by Deloitte, On the Boards Agenda: Board Oversight of Algorithmic Risk. This article, the first of a two-part series by Lee Nyari, examines the dangers that Deloitte outlines in its report and offers distributors some solutions for reducing algorithmic risk in price management.
This article includes:
- Pricing as a useful and powerful business lever in distribution
- Why pricing algorithms may be insufficiently market-informed
- Updating approaches for developing pricing algorithms
Subscribers should log in below to read this article.
Not a subscriber? Subscribe below or learn more. Subscribers also have access to the following related articles:
- MDM-Baird Distribution Survey: Storms Stunt Distributor Growth
- Distributors Up Search Marketing Efforts
- Amazon Business: The Burning E-Platform
Sign Up for the MDM Update Newsletter
The MDM update newsletter is your best source for news and trends in the wholesale distribution industry.