2016 State of E-Commerce: E-Commerce Races to Maturity
The fifth annual MDM distribution e-commerce survey conducted with Real Results Marketing revealed several key trends:
- The number of companies with at least 10 percent of their total revenue from e-com¬merce grew 8 percentage points from 2014.
- Most distributors require a customer to log in to see pricing and purchase products.
- The primary objectives among distributors for e-commerce remain acquiring new customers, enhancing their company brands and improving the user experience.
- A quarter of distributors receive 50 percent or more of their orders by email.
This article examines the results of the 2016 State of E-Commerce in Distribution Survey and how the industry’s e-commerce offerings are maturing.
This article includes:
- E-commerce top priorities
- Types of e-commerce platforms
- Tips for handling pricing
Subscribers should log in below to read this article.
Not a subscriber? Subscribe below or learn more. Subscribers also have access to the following related articles:
- The ROI Case for B2B E-Commerce
- Grainger Tackles the Data Challenge
- Historical E-Commerce Trends in Distribution
Sign Up for the MDM Update Newsletter
The MDM update newsletter is your best source for news and trends in the wholesale distribution industry.