Bunzl plc released a pre-close statement today for the year ending Dec. 31, 2008. The distributor reported:
- Group revenue growth is consistent with expectations, despite economic conditions, particularly in the UK and the eurozone. The stronger U.S. dollar and euro have had a positive impact on performance.
- In North America, Bunzl saw stronger organic growth in the second half, but this growth was partially offset by margin pressure.
- In the UK and Ireland, revenue has growth thanks to acquisitions. Integration of 2007 and 2008 acquisitions is going to plan.”
- Revenue in Continental Europe has continued to grow thanks to both acquisitions and organic growth.
- Growth in the rest of the world is strong, including Brazil and Australasia.