MDM Interview: Operations as a ‘Lever for Innovation’
Too many companies do not consider operations to be a source for innovation, but this area is ripe for developing innovative strategies for distributors, according to Karan Girotra, co-author of The Risk-Driven Business Model and professor of technology and operations management at the international business school INSEAD. Girotra recently spoke with Associate Editor April Nowicki about how to create a culture of questioning an existing business model, improving decision-making structure and empowering everyone to innovate.
This article includes:
- How to change the decisions made in your company
- Why to change those decisions
- Innovative operations strategies for better management and return
Subscribers should log-in below to read this article.
Not a subscriber? Subscribe below or learn more. Subscribers also have access to the following related articles:
- Commentary: The Trouble with Rebates
- Who's My Coach? The Changing Role of Sales Managers
- U.S. Economy: Out of 'Surviving' and on to 'Thriving'
Share this article
Sign Up for the MDM Update Newsletter
The MDM update newsletter is your best source for news and trends in the wholesale distribution industry.