2022 Economic Benchmarks for Wholesale Distribution: Hardware, Plumbing and Heating
The 2022 Economic Benchmarks for Wholesale Distribution: Hardware, Plumbing and Heating Sector Report is the most recognized and trusted source for accurate statistics on the wholesalers industry, including segment revenue trends, 2-year quarterly forecasts, inventory levels, sales forecasts and other critical benchmark data. This report provides data on the North American Industry Classification System (NAICS) 4237 Hardware, Plumbing and Heating Equipment/Supplies Distributors.
The 2022 Economic Benchmarks for Wholesale Distribution | Hardware, Plumbing and Heating is a comprehensive economic reference guide to the U.S. hardware, plumbing and heating equipment/supplies wholesale distribution sector providing accurate statistics on the sector, including industry revenue trends, 2-year quarterly forecasts, inventory levels, 2022 and 2023 sales forecasts, growth trends and other critical benchmark data.
The report compiles information collected by the U.S. Census Bureau, the Bureau of Labor Statistics and the Bureau of Economic Analysis to profile the 2021 economic and firmographic benchmarks for:
NAICS 4237 Hardware, Plumbing and Heating Equipment/Supplies Distributors
- Plumbing and Hydronic Heating Equipment and Supplies
- Hand Tools, Hardware, and Fasteners
- Forced Air Heating and Cooling Equipment and Supplies
This is the 16th edition of this report. It is published by MDM Research, a Gale Media company, in conjunction with the Business Research Division of the Leeds School of Business at the University of Colorado Boulder.
“These reports are the best source of information I’ve seen to get a quick snapshot of where a particular wholesaler-distributor stands relative to peers and to other wholesaler-distributors in other subsectors,” says Jim Miller, Managing Director at Supply Chain Equity Partners.
Data Included in This Report
The report provides a comprehensive view of this individual sector that includes:
- Commentary on sector-specific economic conditions and factors impacting the specific distribution sector, 2021 revenues and forecasts through 2023.
- Subsector benchmark data include 2021 revenues; number of companies and branches; average sales per company, branch and employee; and average gross margin.
- Tables with sub-sector segmentations across real vs. actual revenues, company size and number, gross margin, employment growth and more.
- Time series graphs from 2004-2022 for actual and real revenue growth trends, employment growth and inventory-to-sales ratio trends.
With this data, this report can be useful to:
- Benchmark individual company performance against peers within this sector.
- Analyze individual sector and subsector KPIs for business development and market research purposes.
- Forecast sector revenues by quarter through 2023.
- Segment sectors by company size.
- Develop a deeper understanding of the composition and segmentation of sector.
For information on the entire U.S. wholesale distribution industry, please refer to the 2022 Economic Benchmarks for Distribution – 19 Sectors report.
Additional sector reports are available for all 19 sectors within the industry.
For questions about this report, please call 1-888-742-5060 or email email@example.com.
This report is produced by MDM Research in conjunction with the Leeds School of Business Research Division. MDM Research is a market research and analytics firm specializing in global wholesale distribution and industrial/construction product markets. The most recognized and respected source of data in the industry, MDM Research is a division of Modern Distribution Management (MDM). MDM is a niche media and market research company that provides guidance to industry executives through a portfolio of products and services that include newsletters, research reports, market analytics tools, webinars and conferences.
Serving Colorado since 1915, the Business Research Division (BRD) of the Leeds School of Business, University of Colorado Boulder, provides economic and demographic information needed by businesses, governments and nonprofit organizations. Specializing in economic and fiscal analysis, market research, and customized research projects, the division also produces the longest-running annual forecast of the state’s economy.