MDM March 10, 2010
Instant Download: After you purchase this pdf, you will immediately receive the link to download this issue.
- 12 pages
- Articles written by editors of Modern Distribution Management based on interviews with industry experts and company executives
- Written to meet your information needs and time constraints: "Well-written, pertinent, no nonsense."- T.P., Atlantic Fasteners
If you like what you read, apply the full cost of this pdf toward a subscription to Modern Distribution Management. Call 1-888-742-5060 to subscribe today.
Table of Contents:
- Grainger's E-Commerce Evolution: Grainger has long been known as ahead of the curve in its e-commerce initiatives. Here's an in-depth look at the $6.2 billion MRO distributor's journey and the lessons it learned along the way. This is part of an MDM series on trends in doing business electronically.
- Grainger's E-Commerce Timeline: A look at key dates and benchmarks in e-commerce since the mid-1990s.
- Commentary: The Ripple Effect of Grainger's E-Commerce Investments: As Internet adoption has skyrocketed the past few years, Grainger has benefited from its strong platform.
- Why United Stationers Bought a Software Company: MDM recently spoke with United Stationers President and CEO Dick Gochnauer about why the master distributor bought MBS Dev, a small Denver-based software provider for distributors. The move was part of a long-term strategy to help both its resellers and the technology providers that serve them to stay on top of capabilities necessary to stay competitive in today's online environment.
- MDM Interview - NBMDA: Market Visibility Improves: Bill Delaney, president of family-owned specialty building products distributor Distributor Service Inc., Pittsburgh, PA, and current president of the North American Building Material Distribution Association (NBMDA) recently spoke with MDM Associate Editor Jenel Stelton-Holtmeier about the association, and trends, challenges and shifts in the building materials industry.
- News Digest: News briefs from Feb. 25-March 10, 2010
- Industrial Inflation Index: January 2010: Modern Distribution Management's Inflation Index measures a cross-section of industrial supplies on a month-to-month basis.