The B-to-B Online Marketing Toolkit: A Step-by-Step Plan to Leverage Online Marketing for Bottom Line Results
Everything you need in one place to master an online marketing plan for your distribution company.
This How-To Manual includes:
- Worksheets to analyze your current website and marketing tactics (View Sample)
- Best Practices Checklists (View Sample)
- Tools to evaluate your competition online (View Sample)
As a distributor or manufacturer in 1999, you could rely on a handful of simple marketing tactics to grow your business. At the heart and soul of your marketing efforts were face-to-face sales. Pounding the pavement and calling on customers was the tactic most relied on by industrial companies.
This was complemented by an inside sales team waiting for inbound sales calls, often coupled with outbound telemarketing. To help get that phone to ring, some distributors leveraged print advertising in trade magazines, industry directories and the yellow pages. Some companies added direct mail and trade shows to the mix.
Finally, some forward-thinking distributors began to embrace the new online world by creating a simple website coupled with some email marketing. This marketing mix was all you needed in 1999 to remain competitive.
But then something happened that fundamentally changed how we do business.
In the late 1990s, Google came on the scene and quickly evolved from Stanford research project into the definitive resource for all knowledge and information available on the Internet. Before Google, we had to rely on libraries, volumes of encyclopedias, printed directories and catalogs and other offline resources when we wanted to learn more about something. Now, thanks to Google, the worlds’ resources can be accessed within seconds just by performing a simple search.
Google has fundamentally changed our lives. According to a Pew Research Center study, 54 percent of us use search engines like Google at least once per day to find information online. Google has become the first stop for many when researching products at work, at home or in a retail setting using their smartphone. Because of this, your online presence has become extremely important because it is the most public face of your company.
But where do you start?
This B-to-B Online Marketing Toolkit will kickstart your online marketing efforts, whether you are just getting started or already have a few elements in place.
You will learn how to use online marketing to attract prospects, generate leads and sales, strengthen relationships with customers and measure the return on your marketing investments.
Chapter 1: Introduction
Chapter 2: Create a Customer-Focused Website
- What is a customer-focused website?
- Define your website strategy
- Identify profitable customers
- Analyze your competition
- Create customer-focused content and features
- Optimize your website for lead generation & sales
- Measure your website's success
- Bonus: Lead generation checkup checklist
Chapter 3: Search Engine Marketing
- What is Search Engine Marketing?
- Define your Search Engine Marketing strategy
- Choose the best keyword phrases
- Optimize your website's content
- Attract quality links to your website
- Run a results-focused paid search campaign
- Measure Search Engine Marketing success
- Bonus: SEO best practices checklist
Chapter 4: Social Media Marketing
- What is Social Media Marketing?
- Define your Social Media Marketing strategy
- How to get started with Social Media
- Social networking websites
- Content sharing websites
- Measure your Social Media Marketing success
- Bonus: Content creation questionnaire
Chapter 5: Email Marketing
- What is Email Marketing?
- Define your Email Marketing strategy
- Build your list and gain permission
- Create compelling e-newsletter content
- Design & deliver your email newsletter
- Measure Email Marketing success
Chapter 6: Conclusion
About the Expert
Bob DeStefano is an online marketing strategist and professional speaker with over 18 year of experience helping distributors and manufacturers leverage online marketing to produce bottom-line results.
Through his speaking, writing and consulting, Bob makes online marketing understandable and empowers business leaders with actionable tips and strategies they can put to work immediately to:
- Increase sales & profits
- Generate new business leads
- Strengthen relationships with customers
- Boost marketing results on a limited budget
- Measure marketing ROI
Bob's online marketing career began during the birth of internet marketing in the early 1990’s serving as a strategic planner for Dean Witter, Discover & Co. specializing in online marketing strategies. At Dean Witter, Bob spearheaded the creation of the company's first Website.
As president of SVM E-Marketing Solutions, a leading B-to-B online marketing agency, Bob has worked with a wide variety of companies, from Fortune 500 companies to small family-owned businesses, to help them leverage online marketing to produce bottom-line results.
Bob is the author of the B-to-B Online Marketing Toolkit, a step-by-step system for leveraging online marketing to produce bottom-line results. In addition, Bob is a regular contributor to a variety of publications, including Modern Distribution Management and MarketingProfs, on the subject of actionable online marketing strategies.