- Top Distributors Lists
- Market Research
- Free Reports
MDM Special Report: 2016 State of E-Commerce in Distribution
Pages: 36 (PDF Report)
This report is free to MDM Premium subscribers. Simply log in here to access and download this series of articles in PDF format.
- Not a subscriber? Subscribe or purchase this report by adding it to your cart above.
Who should read this report:
Distribution executives, leaders and strategists will get an understanding of how the industry's e-commerce offerings are maturing and why now is the time to launch e-commerce capabilities on their websites.
The fifth annual MDM distribution e-commerce survey conducted with Real Results Marketing revealed that more distributors are crossing the threshold to e-commerce maturity and are focused on growing e-commerce success. Topics examined include top e-commerce priorities and practices, as well as best practices of driving demand and keeping visitors engaged.
Articles in this report include:
- The number of companies with at least 10 percent of their total revenue from e-commerce grew 8 percentage points from 2014.
- Most distributors require a customer to log in to see pricing and purchase products.
- The primary objectives among distributors for e-commerce remain acquiring new customers, enhancing their company brands and improving the user experience.
- A quarter of distributors receive 50 percent or more of their orders by email.
- This article examines the results of the 2016 State of E-Commerce in Distribution Survey and how the industry’s e-commerce offerings are maturing.
- E-commerce top priorities
- Types of e-commerce platforms
- Tips for handling pricing
- Marketing vehicle effectiveness
- How to keep website visitors engaged
- Self-service capabilities