Global electronic components distributor Digi-Key Corp., Thief River Falls, MN, reported sales in Europe in 2014 saw year-over-year growth of 26 percent across the entire region.
"European contract manufacturers and OEMs are seeking out ways to shorten their cycle time and speed time to market," said Chris Beeson, EVP of Sales and Supplier Management.
In 2012, Digi-Key announced an expanded European sales support team including regional sales directors and a local sales and support office located in Munich. Digi-Key employs more than 80 sales and support professionals in Europe.
Digi-Key has made several improvements in Europe, including:
- Expanded non-resident programs to streamline imports and speed customs clearance
- Improved website localization with more language translations and currency support
- Simplified and improved export processes
- Incorporated global punch-out catalogs (OCI & cXML) for integration into ERP systems
- Simplified the new account application process