This article is a part of MDM's 2014 Distribution Trends Report. The article reviews industrial distributor and integrated supplier Engman-Taylor, which trademarked its Cost Circles program, reducing costs for customers in manufacturing, price and administration.
The annual report was researched and written by MDM editors based on interviews with dozens of wholesaler-distributors, as well as industry experts and manufacturers. MDM also conducted a survey of its readers to uncover the trends outlined in this report.
The full report is available to download in PDF format to MDM Premium subscribers. Subscribe below for full access. Or log-in if you are already a subscriber.
Trends outlined in the 2014 report include:
- Leaving Economic Uncertainty Behind
- Connecting the Dots Online and Offline
- Need for Access Whenever, Wherever, However Drives Mobile Adoption
- Avoiding Information Overload Essential with Analytics
- Making the Case for Millennials in Distribution
- Training, Technology Take Front Seat in Employee Retention Strategies
- Better Inventory Management Through Data, Collaboration
- Distributors Seek More Complete Strategy for Vending
- Private Equity Consolidating Markets
- A More Practical Approach to Product Expansion
- Trend Snapshots for 13 Sectors
The report also includes the following case studies and interviews:
- 2014 MDM Market Movers
- Engman-Taylors Cost-Saving Teams
- Capitol Coffees Proactive Problem-Solving
- Redwood Plastics Online Success Story
- MDM Market Leader Profiles
- DGI Supply: Building on the Core
- F.W. Webb Takes Diverse View of Market