MRO products distribution giant Grainger has picked up another major accolade, earning a spot on Fortune’s 2022 Best Workplaces for Women.
Fortune slotted the Lake Forest, Illinois-based company at No. 63 on its 2022 list of the top 100 large companies for women to work for.
To determine the list, Fortune research partner Great Place to Work analyzed feedback representing more than 1.2 employees, 640,000 of whom were women. It resulted in Fortune’s list of 100 large companies, and 25 small and midsized companies.
Grainger was the only distributor to earn a spot on either list.
“We are thrilled to be recognized as one of Fortune’s Best Workplaces for Women,” said Kathleen Carroll, senior vice president and chief human resources officer. “With nearly 40 percent of our U.S. workforce being women, this award recognizes the investments Grainger continues to make in creating an inclusive workplace.”
MDM Podcast: Grainger’s CFO Talks Tech Stack, Pricing Strategy and More (published Sept. 7)
Grainger is No. 1 on MDM’s 2022 Top Industrial Distributors list, No. 1 in MRO Industrial, No. 1 in Fasteners, No. 5 in Bearings, No. 7 in Power Transmission/Bearings and No. 15 in Electrical, and was on MDM’s unranked top Jan-San and Safety Distributors lists.
Company data Grainger provided to Great Place to Work showed that, as of June 28, 34.6% of Grainger’s management employees (non-executive) are women and 42.9% of executive/manager employees are women.
In a news release, Grainger noted its sponsorship of several initiatives that support women in the workplace
- Grainger was one of the first companies to sign The Chicago Network Equity Principles, a campaign to strive to achieve 50 percent representation of women in leadership.
- Grainger’s Women’s Business Resource Group connects more than 1,400 women and allies across North America to advance an inclusive workplace.
- Grainger recently established a relationship with The Mom Project, a digital talent marketplace and community designed to help women remain active in the workforce.
- Grainger is a corporate member of the Women’s Business Enterprise National Council.
- Grainger has been recognized as the founding partner of a new leadership development program for high potential women leaders in partnership with the International Women’s Forum.
Grainger added that its U.S. team members also receive competitive and flexible benefits covering team members’ emotional, financial, physical and social wellbeing. This includes an automatic six percent 401(k) company contribution, recently enhanced parental and maternity leave, employee assistance programs, tuition reimbursement and specific programs focused on financial and emotional wellbeing.
The accolade follows another for Grainger from Fortune, which named the distributor as one of the 100 Best Companies to Work for in 2022 back in April.