The M&A activity continued an upward trend from October, as well as this year’s third quarter. (See MDM’s 3Q 2021 M&A report for a full breakdown.)
Here are the M&A announcements — primarily involving distributors but also manufacturers that sell through the channel — MDM covered during November (click the headline for more details):
- BlackHawk Acquires Tools for Industry — Tulsa, Oklahoma-based BlackHawk Industrial — a distributor of metalworking, industrial, MROP and packaging supplies — acquired Dayton, Ohio-based Tools for Industry and its affiliate, Service for Industry.
- BradyIFS Acquires Millennium — Foodservice and janitorial and sanitation distributor BradyIFS acquired Millennium Packaging & Distribution, a San Antonio-based company offering disposables, dry goods, janitorial, cleaning and facility supplies.
- BradyIFS Acquires Seaway Supply — West Coast-based foodservice, janitorial and sanitation distributor BradyIFS acquired Seaway Supply Company, a Maywood, Illinois-based distributor and provider of foodservice disposables, janitorial supplies, industrial packaging and cleaning equipment.
- Bunzl Acquires 2 U.K. Companies — International distribution and services group Bunzl plc acquired two companies based in the U.K.: Workwear Express, a leading business in personalized workwear and promotional clothing with a strong e-commerce focus, and Hydropac, a distributor of insulated packaging solutions.
- City Electric to Acquire Soligent — Dallas-based electrical wholesale distributor City Electric Supply Company reached an agreement to acquire solar distributor Soligent and its solar distribution, engineering services and project financing business.
- Core & Main Finalizes Catalone Acquisition — St. Louis-based Core & Main Inc. — a specialized distributor of water, wastewater, storm drainage and fire protection products — finalized its previously reported deal to acquire the assets of Catalone Pipe & Supply Co., a full-service provider of waterworks products and services, and custom concrete catch basins, based in Penfield, Pennsylvania.
- Graybar Acquires Metro — St. Louis-based electrical, communications and data networking distributor Graybar acquired Metro Electric Supply and Metro Lighting, a regional distributor that primarily serves homebuilders and contractors that specialize in residential, commercial and industrial projects.
- Graybar Acquires Steven Engineering — Graybar completed its acquisition of Steven Engineering, Inc., an automation, motion control and pneumatic solutions company based in South San Francisco.
- Heritage Acquires Irrigation Companies — Heritage Landscape Supply Group, Inc., a McKinney, Texas-based subsidiary of SRS Distribution, acquired two irrigation equipment and supply companies: North Florida Irrigation Equipment, a family-owned distributor of irrigation, lighting, water features/pumps and other outdoor living products based in Jacksonville; and Hewitt, Texas-based Irrigation Supply, a family-owned distributor of irrigation products and accessories.
- FleetPride Acquires Jim’s Truck & Trailer — Irving, Texas-based FleetPride Inc. acquired the assets of Jim’s Truck & Trailer Equipment, which provides heavy-duty parts and services to customers in north Texas and southwest Oklahoma.
- FleetPride Acquires Garden Spot — Irving, Texas-based FleetPride Inc., a distributor of truck and trailer parts and services, acquired the assets of Pennsylvania-based Garden Spot Frame & Alignment.
- Imperial Dade Acquires Nichols — Food service packaging and janitorial supply distributor Imperial Dade acquired Michigan-based Nichols Paper & Supply, the 43rd acquisition under Imperial Dade’s current leadership, the company announced.
- Interfor to Acquire EACOM — Interfor Corporation — a British Columbia-based, growth-oriented forest products company with operations in Canada and the U.S. — reached an agreement with an affiliate of Kelso & Company to acquire 100% of the equity interests of EACOM Timber Corporation.
- L&W Supply Acquires G. Proulx — Chicago-based L&W Supply Corporation, a U.S. distributor of building materials and specialty products, acquired the assets of Ft. Lauderdale, Florida-based G. Proulx Building Materials.
- MiddleGround Acquires Race Winning — Lexington, Kentucky-based MiddleGround Capital, a private equity firm that invests in middle-market B2B industrial and specialty distribution companies, acquired Race Winning Brands.
- Midland Acquires Century Brass — Kansas City, Missouri-based Midland Industries acquired Century Brass Products, a distributor of machined brass fittings and valves to the plumbing industry headquartered in Long Island, New York.
- NSI Acquires Duro Dyne — Huntersville, North Carolina-based provider of electrical product solutions NSI Industries, LLC acquired Duro Dyne Corp., a Bay Shore, New York-based sheet metal manufacturer for the heating, ventilating and air conditioning industry.
- Pool Corp. Acquiring Florida Company — Covington, Louisiana-based Pool Corp. signed an agreement to acquire Largo, Florida-based Porpoise Pool & Patio, Inc., including its main operating subsidiaries, Sun Wholesale Supply, Inc. and Pinch A Penny, Inc.
- Regal Rexnord Acquires Arrowhead — Beloit, Wisconsin-based Regal Rexnord acquired Oshkosh-based Arrowhead Systems, a producer of industrial process automation solutions, including conveyors, palletizers and depalletizers to the food and beverage, aluminum can and consumer staple industries.
- R&R Hardwood Sold — Boise-based hardwood flooring products distributor R&R Hardwood Distributors, Inc. was sold to a private investor, according to Generational Equity, a mergers-and-acquisitions advisor for privately held businesses.
- SBP Will Acquire Millwork — Duluth, Georgia-based Specialty Building Products agreed to acquire Millwork Sales, a wholesale distributor of doors, door components, moulding and millwork products with locations in Orlando and Royal Palm Beach, Florida.
- US LBM Acquires Arrowhead — Building materials distributor US LBM, of Buffalo Grove, Illinois, acquired Arrowhead Stairs & Trim, a producer and installer of millwork, hardware and exterior cedar products in the Dallas-Ft. Worth area.
- US LBM to Acquire Barrons — US LBM, a building materials distributor based in Buffalo Grove, Illinois, reached an agreement to acquire Barrons, a provider of lumber and building materials to professional builders in the Washington, D.C. metro area.
Did we miss anything? Please send M&A announcements to firstname.lastname@example.org. We also welcome suggestions for “Behind the Deal,” our occasional series that takes a deep dive into market-shifting moves in wholesale distribution.