Amazon (NASDAQ: AMZN), Seattle, Washington, on Tuesday announced plans to create 3,500 new tech and corporate jobs at its tech hubs in Dallas, Detroit, Denver, New York (Manhattan), Phoenix and San Diego. The company will invest more than $1.4 billion in these new offices, which will host teams supporting businesses across the company.
Amazon’s tech hub and corporate office expansions include:
- Dallas – Amazon will expand the existing Dallas Tech Hub at its Galleria location in North Dallas, adding more than 100,000 square feet of space and 600 tech and corporate roles.
- Detroit – The acquisition of more than 25,000 square feet of office space in Detroit will provide space for an additional 100 jobs.
- Denver – Amazon’s Denver Tech Hub will grow by an additional 100 jobs with the addition of 20,000 square feet of new office space.
- New York City – In Manhattan, Amazon plans to create 2,000 new jobs and has acquired the Lord & Taylor Fifth Avenue building, where the company plans to open a new 630,000 square foot office.
- Phoenix – The company’s 90,000 square foot Phoenix Tech Hub expansion at 100 Mill will bring more than 500 new jobs to the community.
- San Diego – In San Diego, an addition of more than 40,000 square feet of office space will allow for the creation of 200 new jobs.