Industrial Vending’s Growing Pains
Distributors are now driving record growth in industrial vending adoption among end-users. Even though vending has been around for a couple of decades in the industrial space, many say it still has a huge runway for growth. But as with any trend in its “infancy,” distributors looking to expand their vending services are faced with challenges, from initial investment to profitability to getting up-to-speed quickly on all available options to effectively respond to customer demands. This article examines key challenges identified by distributors and provides best practices for addressing them.
This article is part of MDM’s series on the industrial vending market.
This article includes:
- Why distributors should take an offensive stance with vending
- The challenge of profitability & product mix
- Vending's impact on relationships
- The importance of aligning expectations around vending
Subscribers should log-in below to read this article.
Not a subscriber? Subscribe below or learn more. Subscribers also have access to the following related articles:
- Industrial Vending: 'A Runway for Growth'
- Distributors Get Smarter About Vending
- Vending 'Explodes' as a Service
Sign Up for the MDM Update Newsletter
The MDM update newsletter is your best source for news and trends in the wholesale distribution industry.