Search Results for: ASA
The annual report was researched and written by MDM editors based on interviews with dozens of wholesaler-distributors, as well as industry experts and manufacturers. MDM also conducted a survey of its readers to uncover the trends outlined in this report.
The full report is available to download in PDF format to MDM Premium subscribers. Subscribe below for full access. Or log-in if you are already a subscriber.
Trends outlined in the 2013 report include:
- Generational Shift Drives Changes in Technology, Customer Expectations
- Hiring in Distribution Complicated by Lack of Visibility, Shifting Needs
- The Rise of Little Data in Distribution
- Distributors Get Smarter About Vending
- Distributors Get Aggressive with Inventory Management
- Vendor, Distributor Consolidation Continues
- Wallet Share, Customer Demands Drive Channel Convergence
- Other Trends
- Trend Snapshots for 14 Sectors
The report also includes the following case studies and interviews:
- 2013 MDM Market Movers
- Replenex Builds Culture of Cost Savings
- A&M Industrial Finds Niche in Essential Services
- Strategic Planning Pays Off for Machinery Tooling & Supply
- MDM Market Leader Profiles
- Interline Brands' Focus on Jan-San
- Arrow Electronics Plots a Global Course
HeidelbergCement AG, Heidelberg, Germany, has agreed to buy Hanson plc for about & pound; 8 billion (US$15.8 billion). HeidelbergCement is one of the top ...
The joint venture would initially include Yara's existing industrial gases businesses in Norway, Denmark and Sweden. The venture would operate under the name Yara Praxair AS and would be based in Oslo, Norway. The intentions are to establish the new company during the third quarter.
Yara generated annual sales of US$150 million in fiscal year 2006.
Combining the strong market position and name recognition that Yara enjoys in Scandinavia with Praxair's operational expertise and technology offerings, particularly in the areas of energy and environmental applications, creates a very compelling partnership," said Steve Angel, chairman ...