The second annual MDM Distribution E-Commerce Survey conducted with Real Results Marketing revealed several key trends:
- E-commerce revenue as a percent of overall revenue is rising relative to last year’s survey.
- The primary objectives among distributors for e-commerce are acquiring new customers, growing wallet share with existing customers and improving website usability.
- Respondents express mixed satisfaction with much of the functionality on their own e-commerce websites.
- Nearly 30 percent of companies that responded have a mobile device-optimized e-commerce solution. An additional 20 percent are implementing such a solution in the next 12 months.
- Grainger is still overwhelmingly considered to have the best website by its competitors.
E-commerce revenue as a portion of total revenue has grown significantly in the past year through the growth of existing e-commerce sites, as well as …