Columbus, Ohio-based industrial supplier Kimball Midwest on Sept. 19 announced that it recently held an event to recognize charitable donations to organizations selected by teams at its Columbus headquarters as part of its ongoing 100th anniversary celebration.
The celebratory events including donating $1 million across the country during 2023.
On Sept.11, Kimball Midwest’s Columbus associates hosted an event at the company’s headquarters and welcomed representatives from six Central Ohio nonprofit organizations:
- Ann Fixari and Mary Kuhn, A Kid Again (Finance Department)
- Madison Massey and Kristin Giger, St. Stephen’s Community House, (Culture, Diversity and Inclusion Department)
- Laura Mullins, Columbus Diaper Coalition (Executive Assistants)
- Maureen Doyle, Mid-Ohio Food Collective (Administrative Services Department)
- Kelli McQuesten, Lifeline of Ohio – the local affiliate of Donate Life America (Strategic Sales Department)
- Zaki Murtadza, Columbus Humane Society (Sales Development, Human Resources, Purchasing and Marketing departments)
- The Trevor Project (Sales Recruiting Department) and the Pancreatic Cancer Action Network (Legal Department) also were selected for donations but were unable to send a representative to the event.
“Kimball Midwest’s 100th anniversary community campaign was a wonderful opportunity to bring our Administrative Services Department together and do something very special for our community,” said Tina Hamilton, Kimball Midwest’s Administrative Services Manager. “We realized through this process that there are so many needs to fill and charities that are worthy recipients. This event gave us the opportunity to reflect on what was most meaningful to us and ultimately, as a team, chose Mid-Ohio Food Collective.”
On MDM’s 2023 Top Distributors Lists, Kimball Midwest ranks No. 38 among industrial distributors and No. 16 among MRO.