Who’s My Coach? The Changing Role of Sales Managers
Baby boomers are retiring, and sales managers are recognizing that their current management styles may not be quite as beneficial as they could be. Adopting a strong philosophy and vision for leading a sales team is the first important step to take when shifting a management culture.
This article looks at reasons why the change is happening and what sales managers can and in some cases, should be doing to improve their management styles.
This article includes:
- Why sales managers should consider being proactive, not reactive
- Important first steps to take when shifting a management style
- How technology tools can help (and hurt) the sales team
Subscribers should log-in below to read this article.
Not a subscriber? Subscribe below or learn more. Subscribers also have access to the following related articles:
- Commentary: The Trouble with Rebates
- Interview: Operations as a 'Lever for Innovation'
- U.S. Economy: Out of 'Surviving' and on to 'Thriving'
Share this article
Sign Up for the MDM Update Newsletter
The MDM update newsletter is your best source for news and trends in the wholesale distribution industry.