The Difference Between ‘Stock’ & ‘Stuff’
Many distributors struggle to effectively separate what should be stocked from what shouldn’t, according to Jon Schreibfeder, president of Effective Inventory Management Inc. But by ranking inventory by activity levels, cost of goods sold and profitability, distributors can determine when and whether to stock products.
This article, an exclusive summary of the recent MDM Webcast, Effectively Analyzing Your Inventory Investment. Access the webcast at www.mdm.com/inventory-investment, includes:
- How to differentiate between "stock" and "stuff"
- Evaluation of the right levels of the different types of stock
- How to rank your products for effective management
Subscribers should log-in below to read this article.
Not a subscriber? Subscribe below or learn more. Subscribers also have access to the following related articles:
- Inventory: The Good, The Bad and The Ugly
- Make Your Data Work to Grow Profitability
- Case Study: Minimizing Surplus Inventory
Share this article
Sign Up for the MDM Update Newsletter
The MDM update newsletter is your best source for news and trends in the wholesale distribution industry.