Rudy Provoost will become CEO of the global electrical products distributor, effective Feb. 13.
Day: February 10, 2012
During 2011, Weyerhaeuser realigned its strategy through the sale of its hardwoods and Westwood Shipping Lines businesses.
Excluding the impact of the Diversey acquisition, fourth-quarter sales for Sealed Air increased 4 percent.
Volume based on metal pounds sold fell 5 % in the quarter.
Jeyco provides specialized mooring, rigging and towing systems.
News briefs from Jan. 26-Feb.10, 2012.
This report was formerly called the Inflation by Commodity Group Report.
These product groups provide a snapshot of inflation trends based on the Producer Price Index from the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics. Fourth quarter 2010 pricing levels are compared with fourth quarter 2011, and third quarter 2011 with fourth quarter 2011. Full-year 2010 pricing levels are compared with full-year 2011. This report is researched and produced by MDM editors.
To access, premium subscribers should log-in and click Download pdf below the product list.
- Adhesives & Sealants
- Metal Cutting Machine Tools
- Metal Forming Machine Tools
- Pumps, Compressors, & Eqmt
- Ind. Material Handling Eqmt
- Ind. Rubber Products, nec
- Ind. Safety Eqmt
- Metal Valves (not fluid power)
- Steel Mill Products
- Softwood Lumber
- Hardwood Lumber
- General Millwork
- Gypsum Products
- Hardboard, Particlebd, Fiberbd
- Plastic Construction Products
- Wood Ties, Siding, Shingles, Shakes
- Electrical Machinery & Eqmt
- Electronic Components & Accs
- Integrating and Measuring Instruments
- Motors & Generators
- Wiring Devices
- Transformers & Power Regulators
- Switchgear, Switchboard, etc. Eqmt
- Communications & Related Eqmt
- Electric Lamp Bulbs & Parts
Power Transmission & Fluid Power
- Mechanical Power Transmission Eqmt
- Ball & Roller Bearings
- Plain Bearings & Bushings
- Speed Changers, Drives & Gears
- Fluid Power Equipment
- Fluid Power Valves
- Fluid Power Pumps & Parts
- Fluid Power Hose & Tube Fittings
- Nuts, Bolts, Screws, Rivets, Washers (overall)
- Aircraft Fasteners
- Externally Threaded Fasteners
- Internally Threaded Fasteners
- Nonthreaded Metal Fasteners
- Cutting Tools & Accessories (overall)
- Hand & Edge Tools
- Power-Driven Hand Tools
- Precision Measuring Tools
- Small Cutting Tools
- Tools, Dies, Jigs, Molds, Fixtures
Jan-San & Packaging
- Sanitary Paper Products
- Spec. Cleaning, Polish & Sanitary Products
- Packaging & Ind. Converting Paper
- Packaging Products from Plastics
- Pulp, Paper and Allied Products
- Hardware (overall)
- Builders’ Hardware
- Air Cond. & Refrigeration Eqmt
- Heating Eqmt
- Plumbing Fixtures & Fittings
- Industrial Gases
- Welding Machinery/Equipment
- Plastic Resins & Materials
- Plastic Products (overall)
Mobile usage has increased dramatically in the business world over the last few years. As a result, more companies are looking for ways to integrate those tools into their marketing strategies. John Sonnhalter, founder of Sonnhalter, a business-to-business marketing agency, discussed ways to effectively do this in the January episode of Executive Briefing (www.mdm.com/executivebriefing).
Mobile technologies, in particular smart phones and tablets, are not a marketing strategy in of themselves. But used correctly, these tools can make a marketing strategy more effective, says John Sonnhalter, founder of Sonnhalter, a business-to-business marketing agency. Sonnhalter was featured in the January 2012 episode of Executive Briefing.
Mobile users have exploded onto the marketplace over the …
At last week’s annual meeting of the National Association of Wholesaler-Distributors (NAW), the mood was positive and attendance was up by a healthy margin.
Most of this you might expect given the shift in economic news in the past four to six weeks. In fact, the recent economic statistics released only validate what distributors are always the first to see on the front lines of our North American economy. When nearly one-third of U.S. gross domestic product (GDP) transactions flows through wholesale distribution, it is …
Jade West, senior vice president-government relations for the National Association of Wholesaler-Distributors, presented an overview of key regulatory shifts affecting distributors at NAW’s 2012 Executive Summit at the end of January. Here is an overview of regulations that NAW is tracking.
Regulatory, rather than legislative, action is top of mind for wholesaler-distributors this year. According to Jade West, senior vice president-government relations for the National Association of Wholesaler-Distributors, Congress is unlikely to do much this year due to the presidential elections in November as well as ongoing gridlock over key political issues.
West spoke at the NAW 2012 Executive Summit about the top issues affecting distributors that NAW is tracking and taking action against this year. NAW is part of the …